Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut, Chilli and Garlic
This zesty butternut squash soup is brought to you by Darégal and features exciting ingredients such as coconut and chilli.
- 500 g frozen butternut squash (chunks)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 75 ml coconut cream
- 70 g frozen onion diced
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped chilli
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped garlic
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the butternut squash and onions. Cook these over a medium heat for 15 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the chilli, garlic and curry powder and gently cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil then gently simmer the soup for 20 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add the coconut cream to the soup and then blend or liquidize until completely smooth.
- Return to the pan and bring back the boil, check the seasoning and serve.