Carrot and Coriander Soup
This tasty carrot and coriander soup will add energy to your kitchen with its warmth and fragrant smell.
- 1 tbsp vegatable oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 450 g carrots roughly chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp frozen chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions and carrots. Cook these over a medium heat without colour for 6 to 8 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, gently simmer the soup for 20 minutes until the carrots and onions are fully cooked.
- Blend the soup or liquidize until completely smooth, add the coriander and check the seasoning.
- Stir in the double cream if desired.
- Serve with bread of your choice.