Hot Pot with Chicken, Garlic and Basil
A wide selection of flavoursome herbs from Daregal Gourmet is used in this delicious chicken dish. This chicken hot pot with garlic and basil is a scrumptious dish that will be sure to impress the whole family, serves 4 people.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 55 g butter
- 9 shallots peeled and left whole
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 200 g frozen button mushrooms chopped
- 30 g plain flour
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1½ tbsp frozen garlic chopped
- 1 tsp frozen parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp frozen basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a frying pan and pan-fry the chicken thighs for approximately 5 minutes on either side until golden brown. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and transfer to a baking tray or dish and place in the oven while you make the sauce.
- Drain most of the fat from the pan then add the remaining butter. Pan-fry the celery, mushrooms and shallots for 5 to 6 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and cook gently for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, add the stock a little at a time until a smooth sauce consistency is reached. Add the basil, check the seasoning.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place into a casserole dish and then pour the sauce over the chicken pieces, cover with tin foil or a lid and place in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables and potatoes of your choice.