Chicken Salad with Nuts & Seeds
Ideal for a lunch or starter, southern fried chicken fillets are served with a nutty salad to help lighten the dish.
- 8 frozen southern fried chicken mini fillets
- 2 pitta breads
- 1 small carrot
- mixed salad leaves
- mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds
- lemon juice
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Cook the Southern Fried chicken mini fillets in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- While the mini fillets are cooking, prepare the salad.
- Peel and grate the carrot and roughly chop the nuts.
- Place the carrots, leaves, chopped nuts and seeds in a bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season according to taste. Toss to mix and coat.
- Remove the Chicken Frites from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Arrange the chicken mini fillets on a plate with the prepared nutty salad and serve.