Dellilah’s Chinese Dumpling Soup
- 8 chinese dumplings frozen
- 2 bok choi whole
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 lemon grass stalk (optional)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 green chillies
- Make the soup by boiling the chicken stock on a high flame, and adding carrots, lemon grass, scallions.
- Once bubbling, lower the heat and add all the sauces. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Drop dumplings gently into the boiling soup and cover for a few minutes until they become tender.
- At this point, add bok choi, turn off the heat and allow the greens to wilt in the soup for 5 minutes.
- Gently ladle the soup into large bowls and serve with lemon and green chillies if you can handle it.