- 4 eggs
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 2 frozen Kara English muffin (defrosted)
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 2 eggs (yolks only)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 black peppercorns
- 125 g butter clarified
- squeeze lemon juice
- To make the hollandaise sauce, place the 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar, along with the black peppercorns, into a small saucepan and reduce the vinegar by half and then strain. Heat the clarified butter in a saucepan. Put the egg yolks into a bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water and add the reduced vinegar. Whisk vigorously until the mixture forms a light, airy foam. Gradually add the clarified butter a little at a time to the egg mixture, whisking all the time to form an emulsion. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Keep warm.
- Poach the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Grill the bacon rashers and slice and toast the English muffin.
- To serve, place the bacon on top of the muffin halves, followed by the poached egg. Season with salt and pepper and then pour over the sauce.