Family Frozen Fish Pie
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp diced onion
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 225 ml full fat milk UHT works well
- 400 g frozen fish pie mix
- 125 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp frozen dill
- 650 g frozen mashed potato
- 150 g cheddar cheese
- smoked paprika to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 C and lightly grease a 1.2 litre casserole dish.
- Heat the butter in a medium sized saucepan and gently sauté the onion until defrosted and beginning to soften.
- Add the flour and cook for a further minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the milk and return to heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the dill, the frozen fish pie mix and the frozen peas, and spoon into the prepared dish.
- Meanwhile, place the frozen mashed potatoes into a small saucepan and heat, gently, until defrosted.
- Stir in half the cheddar cheese and thin the potatoes with a splash of milk until it reaches the desired consistency. Spoon over the fish mixture, smoothing over the top with the tines of a fork.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheddar cheese and garnish with a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbly.