Fish Pie Medley with Pastry Top
This easy and quick to prepare fish pie combines herbs and garlic with puff pastry.
- Pre heat oven to 180c / 350f / gas mk
- Make the white sauce as per instructions on pack.
- Melt the butter in a pan and gently cook the onions without colour for 3 to 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley to the onion mix and then combine with the white sauce.
- Add the fish mix to the white sauce and gently stir. Then pour the fish mix into a pie dish.
- Place a sheet of pastry on top of the fish mix and trim the edges. Brush the pastry with a beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until the pie is piping hot and the fish is thoroughly cooked through.