Frozen Fruit Crumble
An easy-to-make and diverse desert. This frozen fruit crumble can be eaten for breakfast or as a desert.
- 125 g butter
- 150 g plain flour
- 125 g sugar light brown, soft
- 75 g porridge oats
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ginger ground
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 50 g almonds raw, coarsely chopped
- 400 g frozen mixed berries
- 30 g sugar dark muscavado
- Preheat oven to 180 C and lightly butter a 1.2 litre dish.
- Place butter in a medium sized bowl with the flour and rub together with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the light brown soft sugar, oats, spices and nuts, if using. Set aside.
- Toss the frozen fruit in the dark brown muscovado sugar and place into the bottom of your dish.
- Sprinkle with the topping and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden.
- Serve with ice cream or lashings of double cream!