Grilled Salmon Salad with Warm Potatoes and Bacon
Delicious wild Alaskan salmon sprinkled with mint leaves and chives.
- 4 frozen salmon wild Alaskan fillets
- 4 smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 1 kg potatoes charlotte or extra virgin
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp mustard wholegrain
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chives (or spring onions) chopped
- mint for garnish
- Preheat a medium-hot grill. Arrange the salmon fillets on the grill rack and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once. When cooked, the flesh should be opaque and should flake easily. At the same time, grill the bacon rashers until crispy, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes, until tender, adding the frozen peas for the final two or three minutes of cooking time. Whilst they are cooking, mix together the wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, olive oil and chives or spring onions.
- Drain the potatoes and peas, then share them between four warmed plates, snipping the bacon rashers on top.
- Arrange a hot salmon fillet on top of each portion of potatoes. Spoon over some dressing, sprinkle a few mint leaves and extra chives on top, then serve.