Jacket Potato Skins with Sour Cream Dip
The crunchy bacon is the perfect addition to the soft and warm potato skins, which make a great buffet plate.
- 2 jacket potatoes large
- 2 rashers of bacon chopped
- 500 g frozen diced onion
- 25 g butter
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tsp frozen chilli chopped
- 2 tsp frozen garlic chopped
- 200 ml sour cream
- 1 tbsp frozen parsley chopped
- Heat oven to 200c / 400f / gas 6. Bake the jacket potatoes in the oven for approx 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender, remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- To a small pan add the butter, onion, bacon, chilli and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half and gently scoop out most of the cooked potato. Mash the potato and add the butter, garlic and chilli mixture and combine.
- Replace the potato mixture into the skins and top with grated cheese.
- Place these under a grill until the cheese is bubbling and going golden brown.
- Lastly mix the sour cream and the parsley, season if you wish and serve with the grilled potato skins.