Lemon and Pepper Salmon En Croûte
- 2 BigFish Brand™ Frozen Lemon and Pepper Fillets
- 100 g spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 lemon zested
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 175 g puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- salt & pepper to season
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and blanch the spinach for one minute. Drain and squeeze out and excess water.
- Now add the lemon zest for an extra zing, then the cream cheese and nutmeg. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix together. Leave to one side.
- Dust a non-stick surface or tray with flour. Roll out the puff pastry and cut into two rectangles, each one approximately twice as big as each of your salmon fillets.
- Place one of the lemon and pepper salmon fillets into the middle of the pastry and top with half of the spinach mixture. Fold over the remaining pastry to cover, before trimming any excess. Crimp the edges using your finger or a fork, gently pressing together. If the edges don’t stick, use a little water.
- Repeat with the second salmon fillet and remaining ingredients before placing on a baking tray. Use any excess pastry to decorate before lightly brushing with egg yolk.
- Use a sharp knife to make a couple of small few holes in the top of each one so steam can escape as it cooks.
- Cook in the oven at 200°C until the pastry is golden (20-25 minutes depending on your oven).