Filo Parcels with Summer Berries by Liz Burton
Liz Burton from Me and My Shadow blog shares her Summer Berry Filo Parcels made using frozen ingredients. "There are loads of benefits to frozen food so today I'm sharing a quick and simple summer pudding idea using items from my freezer."
- 270 g filo pastry (Jus Rol 6 Filo Pastry Sheets)
- 300 g frozen mixed berries
- 4 scoop ice cream vanilla
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (for dusting)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or butter)
- Take out the pastry and fruit from the freezer the night before and leave to defrost in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180. Take one sheet of filo and fold in half length-ways. Lightly brush on some oil around all the edges.
- Place one tablespoon of fruit near the bottom of the pastry.
- Then, take one of the bottom corners and fold over into a triangular shape, pressing the edges down gently as they meet.
- Continue folding the bottom corner over into a triangle shape all the way up, and tuck the last bit of pastry under so you have a neat triangle package.
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush lightly with oil again.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes, but check after 12 as they can burn quickly. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then dust with icing sugar and serve with (what else?) a scoop of vanilla ice cream.