Mediterranean-Style Fish Stew
Alaska Seafood shares its Mediterranean-style Fish Stew recipe.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g frozen onions chopped
- 1 tsp frozen garlic chopped
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 600 ml tomato passata
- 1 tbsp oregano fresh, chopped
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g salmon fillet wild Alaska (thawed if frozen)
- 300 g mussels scrubbed (thawed if frozen)
- 150 g peeled prawns cooked (thawed if frozen)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic, courgette and carrot for 3 or 4 minutes, without browning.
- Add the passata, herbs and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Add the wild Alaska salmon and pollock to the saucepan in whole fillets – they will break up once they are cooked. Cover and simmer gently for 3 or 4 minutes, then add the mussels, discarding any that are damaged or remain open when tapped. Put the lid on the saucepan and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until the mussels have opened (discard any that remain shut). Add the prawns and gently stir them through so that you avoid breaking up the fish too much.
- Season to taste, then ladle into warm bowls. Serve, garnished with the chopped parsley.