Oven Baked Cod with Tomato and Hidden Vegetable Sauce
Here is a lovely fish recipe from guest blogger Claire of What Claire Baked, pairing cod with a tomato and vegetable sauce and serving on a bed of rice.
- 2 frozen cod fillets
- 125 g frozen onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 75 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 75 g long grain rice easy cook
- Preheat the oven to 210c/190c fan/Gas 7.
- Remove cod from freezer and wrap each fillet in tin foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- After 10 minutes, cook rice in a pan of boiling water. Simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. Fry the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until softened. Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook through for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blitz the sauce until smooth. Return to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes seasoning if necessary.
- Drain rice and run through with boiling water to remove any starch. Remove fish from oven. Plate up fish and rice.
- Remove sauce from the heat and pour over the cod. Serve immediately.