Pain au Chocolat Brandy Pudding
A decadent, chocolate rich, brandy infused alternative to the British classic bread and butter pudding, almost akin to the cocktail Lumumba in a pudding bowl!
- 6 frozen pain au chocolat
- 3 eggs (medium)
- 15 ml sugar light brown and soft
- 300 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g chocolate plain, chopped into small pieces
- 45ml brandy
- 5 ml sugar demerara
- pinch cinnamon
- Bake the pain au chocolat as directed on the pack. Cool slightly and slice each equally into three. Arrange in a single layer in a greased ovenproof dish – approximately 27 x 22.5 x 5 cm.
- Using a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan and heat until almost boiled. Add the chocolate, reduce the heat and allow to melt, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Stir the chocolate milk mixture, and brandy into the eggs.
- Carefully pour the chocolate and egg mixture over the Pain Au Chocolat slices and press down gently. Allow to stand for 30 minutes for absorption.
- Scatter the surface with Demerara sugar and cinnamon. Bake at Mark 4/180°C for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned and the surface has set with a slight wobble in the centre. Serve with lightly whipped cream or brandy sauce.