Pollock Biriyani by Alaska Seafood
A quick and easy Pollock Biriyani made using frozen pollock and prawns.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Baltic curry paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 400 g frozen pollock wild Alaska, cut into chunks
- 100 g frozen prawns peeled
- 900 g long grain rice cooked
- 150 g frozen peas petit pois or garden peas
- 2 tbsp frozen coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the onion gently until softened – about 3 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cumin seeds and cook for another few seconds.
- Add the chunks of frozen pollock and prawns, stirring them into the mixture. Cook over a medium-low heat, stirring often, for 4 or 5 minutes. Add a splash of water, if needed.
- Tip the cooked rice into the pan with the peas and coriander. Season as required. Cook and stir for 3 or 4 minutes, until the rice is piping hot and the fish is cooked – the flesh will be opaque and should flake easily. Serve at once in warmed bowls.