Pollock Curry by Alaska Seafood
- 400 g frozen pollock wild Alaska fillet, thawed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g frozen onions chopped
- 2 tsp frozen garlic chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp curry powder korma or mild
- 1 courgette sliced
- 1 carrot chopped into chunks
- 1 aubergine chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 450 ml vegetable stock or chicken
- 400 g chick peas drained
- 50 g red lentils
- 2 tbsp frozen coriander
- Pat the wild Alaska pollock fillets dry with kitchen paper and then cut them into large chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onion and garlic for 2 or 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the cumin seeds, ground coriander and curry powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the courgette, carrot, aubergine, pepper and canned tomatoes. Pour in the stock and add the chickpeas and lentils. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the lentils are soft.
- Add the pollock chunks to the saucepan, stirring them in gently. Simmer the curry for a further 5 minutes to cook the fish. Stir in the fresh coriander and season to taste.
- Ladle into warm bowls and serve with hot naan bread or rice.