Premium Veggie Burger
Serve with chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables & basil pesto. This premium veggie burger is sure to be a hit with family!
- 1 frozen premium vegetable burger
- 1 bag mixed frozen Mediterranean vegetables
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp frozen garlic chopped
For the chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables
- Mix the sliced frozen vegetables with some olive oil and mark all the vegetable on a pre-heated skillet pan or griddle.
- Depending on the amount & thickness of the vegetables they may require finishing off in the oven until tender.
- Leave to one side.
For the basil pesto
- Blend together in a food mixer or hand blender the following ingredients: Basil, olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, sea salt & cracked black pepper, & garlic.
- Leave to one side
To assemble the dish
- Arrange the chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables in the centre of the serving plate.
- Step 2 Place the premium veggie burger on top - dress the veggie burger over & around with the basil pesto.
- Step 3 Garnish with freshly picked basil leaves. Cheat: you can buy cubes of pre-made frozen pesto from most major retailers. ** Recipes featured on Fresh from the Freezer have been tasted by a panel of five keen food lovers **