Roasted Chicken Tray Bake with Garlic Vegetables
Make use of this season's vegetables with this hearty chicken tray bake.
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 300 g frozen, diced courgettes
- 100 g frozen, diced red pepper
- 1/4 butternut squash peeled, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp frozen garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp frozen basil chopped
- 1 tbsp frozen parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 180c / 350f / gas mk 4. Panfry the chicken in a frying pan with a light drizzle of oil for 3 to 5 minutes until sealed on all sides. Remove from the pan and place onto a roasting tray or oven proof dish.
- To the same pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and then add the garlic, courgettes, pepper, onion and butternut squash. Combine all the ingredients and then add to the chicken.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan for the last couple of minutes of cooking to allow them to soften slightly and heat through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the basil and parsley and combine.
- Allow to rest for 2 minutes then serve with your choice of potato dish.