Salmon En Croute by Alaska Seafood
Alaska Seafood shares its delicious Salmon en Croute recipe
- 300 g frozen spinach
- 250 g puff pastry (ready to use) thawed if frozen
- 2 frozen salmon wild Alaska fillets, thawed
- 2 tsp green pesto (or red)
- 1 egg (beaten) to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / fan oven 200°C / Gas Mark 7. Brush a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil.
- Pack the spinach into a large saucepan and cook it, without adding any extra water, until the leaves wilt – this will take about 3 or 4 minutes. (There will be enough water on the spinach from washing it). Cool, then drain well, squeezing out the excess moisture with your hands.
- Cut the pastry into two equal pieces. Roll them out on a lightly floured surface into 18cm (seven inch) squares, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Place a rectangular pile of spinach in the middle of each square and sit a salmon fillet on top. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto sauce over the surface of each piece of fish, and season to taste. Brush the pastry edges with beaten egg, fold up around each salmon fillet and press the edges together firmly to seal them. Brush the pastry with beaten egg, to glaze. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until well-risen and golden brown. Serve with vegetables or salad.