Salmon Niçoise Salad
A light and refreshing Salmon Niçoise recipe which would be perfect for a summer evening.
- 500 g new potatoes scrubbed
- 4 eggs
- 4 frozen salmon wild Alaska fillets, thawed
- 25 g butter
- 150 g frozen green beans
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 romaine lettuce (or cos) roughly shredded
- 4 tomatoes quartered
- 100 g olives black or green
- 25g anchovy fillets (in olive oil) drained
- 2 tbsp capers
- handful flat leaf parsley chopped
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted simmering water for 20 minutes, or until tender. At the same time, cook the eggs in boiling water for 12 minutes, covering them with cold water when cooked.
- Preheat the grill. Arrange the salmon fillets on the grill rack and place a small knob of butter on top of each one. Grill the salmon for about 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Set to one side while making the salad.
- Lightly cook the green beans in boiling water for 4 or 5 minutes. Drain them well.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, mustard and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and black pepper to taste. Drain the potatoes thoroughly and add them to the dressing while hot – this means that they will absorb the flavour of the dressing as they cool.
- Share the lettuce, cooled potatoes, tomatoes, green beans and olives between four serving plates or bowls. Shell the eggs, quarter them and place them on the salads. Arrange the salmon fillets with the anchovies placed on top. Drizzle with any remaining dressing and scatter the capers and parsley over the salads. Serve immediately.