Salmon & Pollock Fish Cakes by Alaska Seafood
Alaska Seafood shares its delicious Salmon & Pollock Fish Cakes recipe.
- 900 g potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200 g frozen salmon wild Alaska fillet, thawed
- 150 g frozen pollock wild Alaska fillet, thawed
- 2 eggs hard-boiled, shelled and chopped
- 4 spring onions very finely chopped
- 25 g gherkins chopped
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 2 tbsp frozen parsley chopped
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 egg (small) beaten with 2 tbsp cold water
- 100 g breadcrumbs dried
- vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain well and mash thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, poach the fish fillets in a large frying pan in simmering water for about 6 to 8 minutes. Lift from the pan with a draining spoon. Remove the skin and any bones, then flake the fish into large chunks with a fork.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, salmon, pollock, hard-boiled eggs, spring onions, gherkins, capers and parsley. Season with a little salt and plenty of black pepper, and then form the mixture into eight fish cakes.
- Dust each fish cake with a little flour dip into beaten egg and coat with the breadcrumbs. Cover and chill until ready to cook.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan and gently cook the fish cakes in batches for 4 or 5 minutes on each side.