Seafood Paella by Alaska Seafood
- pinch saffron
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions trimmed and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 225 g paella rice or risotto rice
- 150 g frozen peppers chopped or sliced
- 900 ml fish stock or vegetable stock
- 100 g frozen peas (petit pois or garden peas) thawed
- 225 g frozen salmon wild Alaska fillet, thawed and cut into chunks
- 225 g frozen pollock (or wild Alaska halibut/pacific cod) thawed and cut into chunks
- 100 g crab wild Alaska crab, cut into chunks
- 100 g frozen prawns cooked and peeled, thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp frozen parsley chopped
- Put the saffron stands into a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons boiling water. Leave to infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan or non-stick frying pan and gently fry the spring onions and garlic until softened, but not brown.
- Add the rice and red pepper to the pan with the saffron and its soaking liquid. Stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the petit pois or garden peas, salmon, white fish and crab. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, and then add the prawns and parsley. Stir them through and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes to heat thoroughly. Season to taste, then serve.