Sesame Pollock Strips with Stir-Fried Vegetables
Utilise frozen pollock with asian flavours for a warming evening meal in this recipe.
- 300 g frozen pollock thawed
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 350 g frozen vegetables
- Pat the fish fillets dry with kitchen paper, then cut them into neat strips, measuring about 10 x 2 cm (4 x ¾ inches). Roll them in the sesame seeds.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the strips of fish, stir-frying them gently for 3 or 4 minutes, until cooked and golden. Tip them onto a warm plate and keep in a warm place.
- Wipe out the wok or frying pan with kitchen paper and add the remaining oil. Heat, then add the stir-fry vegetables and cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and lime or lemon juice, stir for a few moments, then add the fish strips back to the wok. Fold them in gently, then share the stir-fry between two warm plates. Serve at once.