Southern Fried Chicken Burger
This mouth-watering southern fried chicken burger recipe is ideal for a filling dinner for the whole family.
- 4 frozen chicken burgers
- 4 burger buns
- 1 red onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 8 slices cucumber
- iceburg lettuce leaves
- mayonnaise optional
- ketchup optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Cook the chicken burgers in the oil for 4-5 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare the bun and salad.
- Slice the red onion, cucumber and tomato. Slice open the burger bun and butter if desired.
- Squeeze mayonnaise on the bottom of the burger bun and add a slice of lettuce.
- Remove the chicken burgers from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Top the lettuce with the chicken burger then put the onion, tomato and cucumber on the top of the burger. Add ketchup if you like then finish with the top half of the bun. Serve alone as a hand-held snack or with chips.