Spicy Chicken Kebab in Pitta Bread
Spicy Chixstix, which are chunks of marinated chicken breast, made to an authentic Asian recipe, skewered and coated in a spicy breadcrumb, give this kebab extra spice and an extra crunch!
- 2 spicy frozen Chixstix
- 2 pitta breads
- 0.5 red onion
- 1 small carrot
- iceburg lettuce leaves
- garlic mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 130°C.
- Cook the Spicy Chixstix in the oil for 15 minutes.
- While the Chixstix are cooking, prepare the vegetables. Slice the red onion thinly, peel and grate the carrot and finely slice some iceberg lettuce.
- Lightly heat the pittas in a toaster to warm them up for 1-2 minutes, and then slice open one side of each pitta to make a pocket.
- Fill the pitta with the salad and vegetables.
- Remove the Chixstix from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Pull the Chixstix from the skewer and pull apart the chunks. Put the chicken in the pittas with the salad. Drizzle with garlic mayonnaise and serve.