Spicy Chicken Sub Roll Recipe
Spicy Chixstix, which are chunks of marinated chicken breast, made to an authentic Asian recipe, skewered and coated in a spicy breadcrumb, give this warm sandwich a twist with extra spice and extra crunch.
- 2 frozen spicy Chixstix
- 2 soft sub rolls
- mixed salad leaves
- 1 cucumber
- olive oil extra virgin
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic mayonnaise optional
- butter optional
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 130°C.
- Cook the Spicy Chixstix in the oil for 15 minutes.
- While the Chixstix are cooking, prepare the salad.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Prepare the salad leaves by placing in a bowl and drizzling with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze or vinegar then toss to coat.
- Slice the sub rolls along one side. Butter or swipe the inside of the sub roll with mayonnaise if you prefer.
- Place the cucumber and salad leaves in the sub roll.
- Remove the Chixstix from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Pull the Chixstix from the skewer and pull apart the chunks. Put the chicken in the sub rolls with the salad and serve.