Sweet Potato Cottage Pie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g frozen onions diced
- 75 g frozen carrots finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 500 g frozen beef mince
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 150 g frozen peas
- 600 g frozen sweet potato
- 50 ml milk
- 20 g butter
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add frozen onions, carrots and celery. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add the beef mince and continue to stir with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato and herbs. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Meanwhile, add the frozen sweet potato, milk and butter to a saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon beef mixture ovenproof dish. Top with sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Serve.