Thai Salmon Salad
- 1 BigFish Brand™ Frozen Salmon Fillets with Eastern Thai Spices
- 1/2 Mooli (white radish) peeled
- 1 salad radish finely sliced
- 2 salad onions finely sliced
- 100 g rimmed mange tout peas finely sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb shredded
- 25 g frozen basil
- 1 lime
- 50 g cashew nuts chopped and toasted
- 50 ml groundnut oil
- 1/2 frozen red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt to season
- Remove the outer packaging from salmon fillets and pierce a hole in each vacuum pack. Place on a microwavable plate and cook on full power for 4 minutes from frozen. Once cooked, remove the fillets from the packaging and leave to one side to cool.
- Bring a frying pan to a medium heat, and add chopped cashew nuts. Toast until lightly brown, and put aside.
- Using a peeler, create ribbons of mooli and place into a large glass bowl. Add the sliced salad onions, radish and mange tout, plus the shredded fennel, toasted cashew nuts, and half a red chilli, finely sliced.
- Pull the basil leaves from their stalks, roughly tearing the leaves, then chop the stalks and add both to the salad bowl.
- Make a dressing for the salad by adding the juice and zest of 1 lime, 50 ml ground nut oil, a tsp of honey and pinch of sea salt to a lidded glass jar. Replace the lid tightly then shake to combine the dressing, adding more lime and salt to taste.
- Once the salmon has cooled, flake with a fork and add to the salad bowl. Drizzle over the homemade dressing and serve.