Three Fish Pie
- 300 ml milk
- 1 frozen cod fillet
- 1 frozen haddock fillet
- 1 frozen salmon fillet
- 1 Handful frozen prawns
- 1/2 cup frozen onions diced
- 1 bunch frozen spinach
- 1 Handful frozen peas
- 30 g plain flour
- 1 tsp english mustard
- 350 g frozen mashed potato
- 1 Handful cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c. Place the milk in a large pan and add the frozen fish fillets & prawns, slowly simmering on a low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish has defrosted & cooked.
- Meanwhile, add the onions to another pan with a little oil and again simmer on a low heat. Whilst the onion is simmering, defrost a bunch of frozen spinach in the microwave & add to the onion once defrosted.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove from the milk with a slotted spoon, keeping the milk to one side as this will be the base for the sauce. If your fish has skin on it (only our salmon did) then removed this at this stage, then flake the fish fillets as big or small as you like - we like ours nice & chunky!
- Add the flour to the onion & spinach, stirring to a paste. Allow to heat for a few minutes, then gradually add the milk, ensuring each amount is thoroughly mixed before adding the next. Once all the milk is added you should have a nice sauce consistency. Add a teaspoon of mustard (Optional)
- Once you have a delicious creamy sauce, add your fish & peas, giving it a gentle mix to combine. It can be tempting to just eat this mixture with a spoon but try to resist! Instead spoon it into your pie tray, ready for the mashed potato topping.
- Defrost the mashed potato as per the packs instruction (ours is a few minutes in the microwave - so simple!) and once ready, mix in the cheese & have a taste! Trust me, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- Spoon the mashed potato onto the fish filling in your our tin, evenly spreading out & fluffing up with a frost. Place into your pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, until the top is lovely & golden.